Restaurants are judged by the cleanliness of the kitchen, quality of food, and service. Unsanitary food preparation areas are dangerous for the health of customers as well as employees. Poorly cleaned areas and equipment easily become breeding grounds for several types of bacteria and viruses.
This leads to loss of customers and profit. So, it is very important to keep your kitchen clean as it plays a key role in restaurant growth.
As a Restaurant running operator, with so many things, it is very difficult to remember all the cleaning tasks that you need to take care of. So, we updated some Kitchen Cleaning Tips and How to Deep Clean Kitchen to lessen your burden.
1. Kitchen Cleaning Tips:
Here, you can see some useful tips while cleaning your commercial kitchen.
a) Clean the Trash Cans:
You need to regularly clean the trash cans to ensure better control of any unpleasant smell that can occur. If not done this cleaning in the right way, it will create a negative impression.
Usually, most of the restaurant operators, change the trash bags only. It's a mistake. You should have to clean the cans also every time. When you place a new bag, you must first wash the can and allow it to get dried.
b) Clean Floors and Mop:
Food and spills not only make your floor dirty but also contribute to the mess by foot traffic. At the end of the day, sweep or vacuum the floor to avoid dust and dirt. After that, you will need to mop with a solution of hot water and either vinegar or a heavy-duty cleaning solution.
It's better to use the mop than the machine due to mop allows easy access to clean in the small spaces also. Make sure to use a high-grade degreaser instead of a regular cleaning solution for removing major grease spills.
c) Cleaning of Cooking Equipment:
Cleaning your Restaurant Kitchen Equipment must be done regularly to prevent grease and grime build-up and keep the equipment in good working condition. Equipment including grinders, mixers, slicers, and blenders all have several moving parts that come into contact with food products during use.
So, a simple wipe down with disinfectant spray is not enough to sanitize the equipment thoroughly, and a chance to leave food residue, which allows bacteria to breed in hard to reach places.
d) Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning:
In exhaust vents and hoods too much grease and grime can limit airflow in your kitchen room. So, you must clean the vent hoods for every few months or earlier if you are using deep fryer regularly. You also remember to clean the filters by using the instructions found in the product manual for your machine. With the routine cleaning of exhaust system filters, you can prevent the kitchen fires.
e) Cleaning Sinks:
Your washing stations such as sinks are used to clean your ingredients, utensils, and dishes daily. This makes it even more important than the area continues to stay spotless. Spray a disinfectant spray each day to clean the sink and backsplash off.
Delima your commercial sinks, sprayers, and faucets weekly to avoid scale and lime accumulation.
Try to clean the drains and pipes using a special degreaser because the commercial kitchen uses a lot of oil and grease and result that they can clog.
f) Clean Kitchen Checklist:
A Sanitary kitchen reduces the spread of airborne illness. Apart from the regular equipment maintenance, there are many other areas you have to clean them daily, weekly and monthly basis. If you need help on that Clean Kitchen Checklist.
Here, we covered with you easy Commercial Kitchen Cleaning Tips and Checklist.
Keep Clean Kitchen Checklist to follow a consistent cleaning schedule for your commercial kitchen. Without using this, there might be a chance to miss some important cleaning tasks.
Here are some of the Commercial Kitchen Cleaning Tips to add to your daily, weekly, and monthly checklists.
g) Daily Commercial Kitchen Cleaning Tasks:
- Wipe down walls wherever there are splashes.
- Sweep and Mop floors.
- Wash utensils, flatware, small wares, and glassware.
- Disinfect cook preparation surfaces.
- Mop floors around cans, and wash the exterior and interior of each can.
- Wipe down and clean your ranges, grills, flattops, and fryers. Don’t forget to clean behind and underneath as well.
- Change foil linings of ranges, grills, and flattop.
- Wash beverage dispenser heads in soda fountains.
- Wash meat slicers and can openers.
- Disinfect waste disposal area to prevent pests and the spread of bacteria.
- Run hood filters through the dishwasher.
h) Weekly Kitchen Cleaning Checklist:
- Wash and sanitize walk-ins.
- Clean ovens, including the walls, sides, and racks.
- De-lime sinks and faucets.
- Use drain cleaners in floor drains.
- Clean anti-fatigue mats.
- Wash exteriors of other cooking equipment.
- Boil out deep fryers.
i) Monthly Cleaning Tasks:
- Clean coffee machine.
- Clean refrigeration coils, drain pans, tubes, and air filters to remove dust.
- Empty grease traps.
- Wash walls and ceiling for removing grease buildup.
- Clean and sanitize freezers.
- Wash vent hoods for every few months.
- Clean and sanitize the ice machine every six months.
- Wash behind hotline to prevent clogs.
- Change pest traps.
- Wipe down all storage areas.
j) What are the Kitchen Products you have to be cleaned after each cooking shift?
- Empty sanitizing buckets.
- Make sure your steam table is empty and wiped clean.
- Wash your floor mats.
- Put all cleaning rags, aprons, and chef coats in the laundry.
- Wash and sanitize cutting boards, the line, and prep tables.
- Brush the grills.
- Sweep and mop the kitchen floor.
- Sweep the walk-in cooler.
- If you have bins in your reach-in cooler, cover them in plastic wrap.
k) Professional Kitchen Cleaning:
You can consider a professional commercial kitchen cleaning. It uses state-of-the-art disinfecting and cleaning equipment and environment-friendly techniques. These techniques help to create a safer and cleaner work environment.
We hope you implement the above-provided tips to clean the commercial kitchen. By keeping your restaurant kitchen clean, you will increase the lifespan of your kitchen equipment and make your customers come back. A clean kitchen ensures maximum productivity and successful restaurant operation.