Bakers Pride pizza ovens available in many sizes and shapes to reach the specific needs of various restaurants. Among the types of pizza ovens, Bakers Pride producing deck ovens, convection ovens, and electric countertop ovens. In spite of how effective Bakers Pride pizza ovens are, any kitchen equipment can develop problems after years of use. So, if there is a problem with your oven also, fix it with the help of our Bakers Pride pizza oven troubleshooting guide.
Bakers Pride Pizza Oven Troubleshooting
Get simple tips on how to troubleshoot your Bakers Pride oven.
Bakers Pride Pizza Oven Pilot won’t Stay Lit/ Burner Won’t Light
- When there is no gas, you may find this problem. So, check if the shut off valve is closed completely. Remember that the service should not shut off from the gas supplier.
- Verify the supply tube for blockages or kinks.
- The pilot won't stay lit or low burning flame if your Bakers Pride oven has not enough gas. So, test the gas flow with an authorized technician.
- Not enough air also caused the pilot off or won't stay lit. You have to adjust the air mixture at the inspirator. Make sure the flame is in blue color with the little flickers of yellow in a propane installation.
- A blocked orifice might be caused to this problem. Therefore inspect and clean the orifice if there are any blockages.
- The flame is too small - If your oven's flame is too low, adjust the pilot flame by following the instructions provided in the Bakers Pride manual.
- Check if the thermostat is faulty. The defective thermostat will cause to avoid the burner from light. Hence, you have to test the thermostat with a multimeter or with the help of a technician. If the Bakers Pride pizza oven thermostat is at fault, make sure to replace it.
If all the above are in good condition, you need to examine other components. Check oven's safety valve, thermocouple, or thermopile. If the faulty thermocouple is permanently attached to the safety valve, you should replace the whole assembly. You can purchase Bakers Pride pizza oven parts at PartsFPS. Make an order online now!
Oven isn't Hot Enough or Gets Too Hot
Faulty thermostat - When your oven is not getting enough hot or getting high, first inspect the thermostat whether it is in good working condition or not. If not, test and replace if necessary.
Check if your oven's thermostat required calibration. While calibrating, you have to remember that removing the seal on the calibration plate locking screws may violate your thermostat warranty. So, better to test it using a digital thermometer by placing the meter along with the capillary bulb inside of your pizza oven.
Now, you have to set the temperature of the thermostat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and leave your oven until the burner's flame removes. Make sure to adjust the thermometer if it is not within 25 degrees range.
How to adjust your Bakers Pride oven thermostat?
- First, pull the knob of the thermostat straight off.
- Now, you can find around a plate or disc with two screws holding it.
- You have to hold the disc steady and loosen the lock screws by using a screwdriver.
- Next, you need to turn the calibration plate clockwise direction to increase the set point or turn counter clockwise to decrease the set point.
- Turning clockwise or counter clockwise takes a few attempts to calibrate correctly and get as close at 5 or 10 degrees.
Pizza Oven Heats Unevenly
Because of the thermostat, your oven might get uneven heat issues. If your thermostat is new, then there is a possibility that it has not been installed in the correct place. It has a small bulb at the end which is attached to clips inside the pizza oven. So, you should install the thermostat properly.
If the thermostat is fitted correctly but the problem still persists, it might be defective. You need to replace it yourself or by a technician.
Lights Do Not Come ON and Oven Doesn't Heat-Up
- No power to your oven - Initially, make sure to check the supply voltage.
- Check if the circuit breaker is tripped. If it is, reset the breaker and inspect the oven for a fault condition.
- Reset the thermostat also if there high-temperature thermostat is tripped.
How to Clean a Bakers Pride Cyclone Convection Oven?
If you clean your oven regularly, then there will be less chances to get into trouble. To make help you, here, we have updated the Bakers Pride pizza oven cleaning process briefly. So, learn how to clean a commercial pizza oven.
You should clean the spills immediately to keep your oven operating and looking its best. Make sure the oven always allow to cool sufficiently before cleaning. Wipe with a soft cloth and mild detergent on the exterior surfaces. You have to clean the stubborn stains with a lightweight and non-metallic cleaning pad. Apply light pressure only to rub in the direction of the surface grain.
Clean the control panel surface with a soft cloth and mild detergent. Don't use abrasives, metallic scouring pads, or solvent cleaners on the control panel as they scratch or damage the label surface. Moreover, you should not spray steam or water directly onto the oven because electrical components and ceramic cooking hearth might be damaged.
Let it down for some time to cool before cleaning. Wipe the interior surfaces with a wet cloth or lightweight scouring pad. Brush off food particles or spills that accumulate on the baking hearth with a normal brush. Heat the stubborn spills to a maximum temperature for one hour to burn the spill so that it will crumble and easily brush out afterward. You should not use oven cleaners, caustic solutions, or others that will damage the oven's interior.
If your Baker pride oven gets into a problem, it is easy to fix. If there is still an issue after you have tried the troubleshooting, it is easy to find Bakers Pride oven replacement parts for one that might have become defective. At PartsFPS, we provide all replacement parts for kitchen equipment. Our Bakers Pride pizza oven parts help you to deal with the malfunction and extend the life cycle of the appliance.