If you don't want to use the commercial kitchen equipment for a long period, then you may think to shut down it. In the general talk, you can't focus on caring while closing the equipment. But, there are some special instructions to shut down the kitchen equipment that you must follow. So, as part of those procedures, there will be some manufacturer-recommended steps for shutting down a Blodgett convection oven, combi oven, pizza oven, etc. You have to follow these instructions to ensure the oven is clean and ready to run when you again restart it. Let's have a look at our Blodgett oven shutdown procedure for combi and convection oven.
Blodgett Oven Shutdown Instructions
Follow the procedures given below for Blodgett convection and combi ovens installation and make them safe until you restart it again.
Procedure for Blodgett Convection Oven Shutdown
- The first and foremost step you have to do before the shutdown is that clean your Blodgett oven with a normal process. Means, you can regularly clean the oven.
- Next, turn off the power to the unit. You can be done this simply by turning the mode switch to the off position. When you change the switch mode, the power supply is stopped automatically.
An electric oven can be designed with a circuit breaker at the bottom of the control panel. If you are using an electric oven, you should turn off the unit after powering down.
- For gas ovens, you need to turn off the gas to the oven.
This is a simple step. Just, turn the gas supply off at its wall. Your gas valve lever should be perpendicular to the supply pipe.
- Now, disconnect power to your oven.
For electric ovens, you have to power off at the main circuit breaker. This circuit breaker will either be behind the unit directly or at the main breaker panel. If your convection oven has a cord and plug, you have to disconnect it from the outlet.
If you are using a gas oven, then remove the 115V cord from the wall outlet.
- Finally, leave the oven's door partially open. When you open the door, it will allow the unit cavity to cool and dry out properly. Also, helps to keep the door gaskets in peak shape.
Blodgett Combi Oven Shutdown Process
- To shut down the oven, initially, you should power the oven off. You can do this by pressing the power button on the control or rotating the mode switch to the off position.
BCX, BX, HV, CNVX, and HVH models have a circuit breaker at the bottom of the control. So, these should be turned off after powering down only.
- Turn off the water supply.
You can be done this by turning the knob for the water counterclockwise until it stops at the wall.
If it has a lever, make sure that the lever is perpendicular to the pipe.
- For gas ovens, you need to turn the gas off at the wall. Turn gas off by placing the lever perpendicular to the pipe.
- After that, disconnect power to your Blodgett combi oven.
If yours is a gas oven, then simply unplug the 115V cord from the wall.
You have to turn off the main circuit breaker if you are using an electric unit. Same as a convection oven, this will either be directly behind the oven or at the main breaker panel. If the oven is not hard-wired, remove the unit's plug at this time.
- Leave the oven door open that will helps to moisture dry out and preserve the gasket.
If your unit has a two-stage door handle, open it to the first stage.
If you have a BC-20, HV, or HVH crack, the doors open and leave them.
Blodgett is the global leader for manufacturing commercial ovens. It designs, manufactures, and provides many types of oven for foodservice restaurants, hotels, fast-food chains, and hospitals. PartsFPS is excited to supply Blodgett oven parts. Whether you need Blodgett pizza oven parts or convection/ combi oven parts, or Blodgett conveyor pizza oven parts, get them from here.
Blodgett continues to provide new technology oven like Hydrovection ovens and now, the brand is recognized as the world's leader in providing advanced kitchen equipment. OEM replacement parts for baking oven, pizza oven, and convection ovens are the key to Blodgett oven's durability. So, we recommend you use our OEM Blodgett oven parts to keep the equipment in efficient working order.
We hope the provided Blodgett oven shutdown instructions helped you when you want to close equipment for the long term. Thanks for reading! Bookmark our partsfps.com to get more useful blogs related to your restaurant kitchen equipment. Leave a message in the below comment box to clarify your doubts.