The Henny Penny pressure fryer is a basic unit of food processing equipment. It has found wide application in institutional and commercial foodservice activities. Henny Penny pressure fryer is built with pressure, heat, and time features. The combination of pressure, heat, and time is automatically controlled to produce the optimum tasty. This pressure fryer needs care and maintenance to prevent problems. However, sometimes problems may occur that affect operation of your unit. Check out our Henny Penny pressure fryer troubleshooting tips.
Henny Penny Pressure Fryer Troubleshooting
Take a look at this guide to know the Henny Penny pressure fryer problems and possible corrections.
Power Switch ON but Fryer is Completely Inoperative
It may because of the open circuit. So, you need to follow the below steps.
- Check to see that the fryer is plugged in.
- Verify the breaker and fuse at the supply box. If the breaker is tripped, you need to reset it. Replace the fuse if it has blown.
- Check voltage at the wall receptacle.
- Examine the main power switch. If it is defective, you have to replace the switch.
- Check the power cord and plug of the pressure fryer.
Buy Henny Penny Pressure Fryer Parts at PartsFPS
Pressure Not Exhausting at End of Cook Cycle
You can get this problem if the exhaust line (from solenoid valve to exhaust tank) is clogged. Turn off the fryer and allow it to cool to release pressure from frypot. Then, clean all pressure lines, exhaust tank, and exhaust stacks.
Also, a clogged solenoid valve might be caused for pressure not exhausting at the end of the cook cycle. Hence, you have to check and clean the valve by following the maintenance instructions provided in the manual.
Operating Pressure is Too High
Deadweight clogged - If the deadweight is clogged, turn your fryer off and let it cool to release pressure from frypot. Once the pressure is released, remove the dead weight and clean it.
Check if there is clog from the exhaust line to stack. If so, you should clean the exhaust line to stack.
Henny Penny Parts for your Pressure Fryer at Low Prices
Pressure Doesn’t Build
- Not enough product in the frypot or product is not fresh - You have to keep the right quantity of fresh product in the frypot to generate steam.
- Metal shipping spacer not removed from deadweight - Remove shipping spacer. You can refer to the information on unpacking in your owner's manual.
- Lid open or not latched - You should close the lid.
- Solenoid valve leaking or not closing - Check and clean the solenoid valve if required.
- Dead weight valve leaking - Repair the dead weight valve as per instructions given in the manual.
- Pressure not programmed - You need to check for programming and correct it.
- Lid gasket leaking - Reverse gasket or lid needs to be adjusted.
- Safety relief valve leaking - Check for leakage. You will need to replace the safety relief valve if necessary.
- Pressure pad broken or crushed - If the pressure pad is broken, you have to replace it.
Shortening Not Heating
- The circuit breaker could be tripped or blown fuse might be the reason for your fryer's shortening not heating. So, check the breaker and fuse. Reset the breaker or replace the fuse if needed.
- Check faulty cook or pump switch for damages. The power/ pump switch is a three-way rocker switch with a center OFF position. With switch in the "pump" position, your filter pump operates, but the unit does not operate. Switch at "Power" position indicates the fryer operates.
- Verify the power cord and plug as well as power at the receptacle.
- Inspect the drain switch as per the rules given in the operator's guide.
- Check if the drain valve is open. Close it.
- There might be a faulty temperature probe. Replace it if necessary.
- Check for the gas valve knob turned to the OFF position. Ensure this knob is turned to the ON position.
Henny Penny Pressure Fryer Replacement Parts – Order Online!
Henny Penny Pressure Fryer Error Codes
In case of a fryer's control system failure, the digital display shows you an error message in the form of codes such as E-4, E-5, E-6, E-10, etc. If you heard a constant tone when an error code is displayed, press any of the product buttons to silence the tone.
E-4: Control board overheating
To remove this code, turn the switch to OFF mode and then turn it back ON. If the display still shows this error code, consider that the board is getting too hot and check for signs of overheating behind the control panel. Once the panel cools down, the controls must be returned to normal. If code still persists, replace the control board.
E-5: Shortening overheating
Try turn switch to OFF and then again ON. If it does not work, check the heating circuits and temperature probe. If the controls are not returned to normal even after the unit cools down, you have to replace the control.
E-6A: Temperature probe open & E-6B: Temperature probe shorted
Turn the switch to OFF, then turn it back to ON. If still, the display shows an error code, you need to check the temperature probe.
E-10: High limit
Reset the high limit manually by pressing the red reset button. If it does not reset, it should be replaced.
E-15: Drain switch
Close the drain using the drain valve handle to avoid this error message. If you are not able to fix this issue, call company's service department.
To know about other Henny Penny fryer error codes such as E-20 and E-40, you can refer to the owner's manual.
That's all about Henny Penny pressure fryer problems and possible causes. However, it's better to always recheck the operation procedures before starting the troubleshooting process. To isolate a malfunction, you should define the issue clearly when it occurs. Review all possible causes and follow the list of corrections one by one until the fryer's problem is solved. For more detailed information regarding Henny Penny pressure fryer troubleshooting, once check the manufacturer’s manual.